Meeting call for the PTA Annual General Meeting (Årsmöte)
When: 21 Nov, 18:00 – 20:00
Where: School Lunch Area
Language: This meeting will be held in Swedish, so as the documentation
Any questions or suggestions from PTA members shall be sent to the Board writtenly (email@example.com) at least 2 weeks before the meeting.
Election Committee (Valberedningen):
Lars Lengberg firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Smith email@example.com
Vid årsmötet skall följande ärenden behandlas:
- Val av ordförande och sekreterare för mötet
- Val av två justeringsmän att jämte ordf. justera protokollet
- Godkännande av dagordningen
- Fastställande av röstlängd (kan uppskjutas till ev votering)
- Fastställande av mötets stadgeenliga utlysande
- Behandlande av verksamhetsberättelse
- Frågan om ansvarsfrihet för styrelsen
- Val av styrelseordförande och kassör på ett år – bör inte vara representant för klass 9
- Val av styrelseledamöter och suppleanter
- Val av valberedningen
- Förslag från medlemmar
- Förslag från styrelsen inkl medlemsavgift.
- Övriga ärenden
You are invited to see the documentary about growing up in the smartphone age, “Screenagers”.
The PTA will be showing this on March 28, 29 and 30 from 18-20:00 at the lunch hall of IES Älvsjö. This film is NOT available in Sweden at any other time!
We would like you to come and watch the film, and then participate in an informal talk afterwards. Students are not allowed to see this movie without parents or an adult who is close to the family, as the discussion is the key element for this topic.
The 7th graders will open a café during the three nights to help raise money for their classrooms activities. Snacks and drinks will be sold before and after the film.
The PTA welcomes you & your family!
IES Älvsjö is hosting an Open House this Friday 27/01. Parents and the general public will be able to have a look around and learn more about our school. Look out for the PTA corner where you can meet our members, get to know how we work and learn what you can do to get more involved. We will be selling Fika coffee & cookie for a small contribution of 10kr and if you become member on spot you get it for free!
We are also going to be there during the SchoolSoft refresher sessions for the parents:
Wednesday, 1 February (Y4 and Y5) and Thursday, 2 February (Y6 and Y7) from 18.15-19.00 in A235.
GRAB YOUR DANCING SHOES & JOIN US FOR A VALENTINE DISCO!!
We had a fabulous time at our Christmas Disco last Friday, December 9th. Thank you to everyone who helped to make our first PTA event a HUGE success!
The PTA IES Älvsjö would like to welcome you all to our association. We encourage you to join us, as we believe that parent involvement in school life is an important factor in a child’s success.
What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help our school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.